Pregancy Control Pills (ECP) | PakbeautyShop
What is the birth control pill?
The contraceptive pill is a pill that contains two hormones (combination pill) or one (mini pill). It is very effective in preventing pregnancy when taken correctly. It can be taken by women and some transgender men to prevent pregnancy.
Birth Control Tablets in Pakistan
ECP is a pill taken orally immediately after unprotected intercourse to prevent pregnancy. ECP temporarily prevents eggs from being released from a woman’s ovaries or prevents a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus. Currently, PakBeautyShop offers an ECP.
ECP Tablets Uses :
ECP Tablet is used as an emergency contraceptive pill to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse or contraceptive failure, such as a broken condom or a missed birth control pill. It is not intended for use as a regular contraceptive method and should not be used to terminate an existing pregnancy. The ECP pill is most effective when taken as soon as possible after intercourse, preferably within 72 hours, but can be effective up to 120 hours after that.
Risks & Warnings :
You should know the risks and warnings of Ecp tablet to prevent its misuse.
There are some specific circumstances under which the use of certain medications is contraindicated or considered dangerous. So when taking any medicine, it’s always a good practice to familiarize yourself with its risks and warnings.
The risks and warnings associated with Ecp tablet are:
How to use ECP Tablet 0.75mg?
- Take ECP Tablet orally as soon as possible after unprotected sexual intercourse or contraceptive failure.
- Swallow the tablet whole with water.
- It is best taken within 72 hours, but can be taken up to 120 hours after intercourse.
- If vomiting occurs within 2 hours of taking the medication, another tablet should be taken immediately.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage and frequency
ECP Tablet Side Effects
Some common side effects of ECP tablet include:
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular menstrual bleeding